Lacrimosa on a Summer Evening

     I've taken to this new ritual, that I'm hoping will see some healthy mental health results. (oh, by the way, I'm not at OTIS anymore.)
    Every time the sun is setting, and the sky is dipping into blackness, I like to be out and about, taking a stroll with the sunset. I've always felt as though it punctuates the day nicely, after the work is done and the mental focus is spent, it's like you are giving a little bit of thanks to the day for being what it was, and granting you the opportunities that it did. By going for a walk in that last 45 minutes when the sky dips from dark blue to black, you are watching the day go to sleep, showing that you don't take it for granted, and can feel a bit more in sync with the universe. At least, that's the way I feel about it.
    And as I was walking, I was listening to a few selections from Mozart's piece, "Requiem" entitled "Confutatis Maledictus" and the following "Lacrimosa." These selections really put me in a good place, and distracted me from the frustrating thoughts that for some reason dwell in our heads. One really has to work to distance oneself from life's daily frustrations. It's not good to let them stew.
 
    But, it calmed me down to hear the "voice" of this person from the past, who asserted himself as an individual and gave a gift to the world that we don't want to give back. It is the most sensational type of artist, that creates his own experience, packaging it in a familiar medium, based on what he or she believes is possible inside of said medium, and believing in it against all criticism. This opens up a new door inside of us, and lets us know that there are as many potential masterpieces as there are artists.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GZ_W5XjW0

Popular posts from this blog

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer-by Mark Twain

The Invisible Man- By H.G Wells

Picasso and the Painting that Shocked the World-Miles J. Unger